4550T Configuration for closet use
For closet use, there is no need to create separate VLANS as telephones hook up to the TLAN.
Check the current firmware version with show sys-info, and perform a firmware upgrade if required.
- Connect a Serial cable to the front panel Console port, set Hyper-Terminal (or Minicom) to: 9600 8-N-1
- Power up! Booting... watch the TTY activity in HyperTerminal
- At the Avaya logo, Ctrl-y to activate session, followed by en
- Type install to launch the set-up utility
- IP address (Management)
- enter through all others
- Disconnect serial cable, plug LAN into Port 1
- Enter the Management IP in a PC browser window
Now we can continue using the web interface... (use Port 1 as the management port)
|VLANS ->||SETTINGS ->||AUTO PVID (make sure autopvid is set)|
|BASIC ->||Remove all ports except 1, 49 and 50|
Insert VLAN ID 2
Select ALL Ports except 1
|MLT/LACP ->||VLAN ->||ENABLE TAGGING - TAG ALL (Trunk)|
Multiline trunks #1 Ports 49 and 50
From the TTY, issue the following commmands:
save config copy config copy tftp address <IP> filename <xyz.cfg> copy running config tftp filename <xyz.cfg>
Note: Details about setting up a local TFTP server, such as SolarWinds or PumpKIN, can be found elsewhere. Running a TFTP server is hightly recommended. A TFTP server on your ELAN will assist with soft/firm/load-ware updates and configuration backups.