Call Pilot IP Security problem
Affects: Call Pilot 201i using Windows Server 2003
Problem: Call Pilot is functioning; however, you are unable log onto the system to manage the voice mail boxes. The system is displaying a message "WWW service is unavailable".
Follow this procedure to rebuild the IP Security and restore WWW service.
1. Right-click My Computer/Manage/Services and Applications/Services
2. Check to see if FTP Publishing Service and World Wide Web Publishing Service are started if not then, turn off ISS Admin Service; turn it back on again; restart FTP Publishing Service. Restart CallPilot.
3. If this does not resolve the problem; disable IPSEC Services (do not forget to restart it when you are done); Restart CallPilot
4. If this resolves the problem then your Windows Server 2003 IPSEC Policy is corrupted and needs to be restored.
To restore the IPSEC Policy:
- Bring up the DOS CMD (Start/Run) prompt; type in
regsvr32 polstore.dlland hit return. This will recreate the Windows folder in the registry and rebuild the IPSEC Policies. Go back into Services (1. above) and restart IPSEC Services.
5. Make sure that the following services are started and have an Automatic Startup Type.
- FTP Publishing Service
- World Wide Web Publishing Service
- IPSEC Services