Baystack 470 - Configuration Backup
To download the configuration image, you will need a properly configured Trivial File Transfer Protocol (TFTP) server on your network, and an IP address for the Baystack switch.
- TFTP software for Windows: SolarWinds or PumpKIN.
- Mac OS X has a built-in TFTP server, and TftpServer is a nice GUI for it.
- PumpKIN is now also ported to Mac OS X (so far only tested on Mountain Lion).
- Open a web browser window, enter the IP address for your host switch or stack, and press Enter.
The switch or stack home page appears. Java Runtime Environment (JRE) is required for the menu to display.
- From the main navigation menu in the left-hand window, choose Configuration > Configuration File
The following page appears:
- Enter a filename for the configuration image, and the TFTP server IP address.
- Select Copy Configuration Image to Server: Yes
- Click Submit
The configuration file will be copied to the TFTP servers root directory. Check the server configuration to find out where that is.
- First, configure the switch IP address using a console/serial cable.
- Next, follow the steps above, but select Retrieve Configuration Image from Server: Yes
- The download process begins immediately and, when completed, causes the switch or stack to reset with the new configuration parameters.