Backup NAM capabilities
Any time the NAM has been upgraded to 4 channels or more you should back up the capabilities file.
The capabilities file contains all upgrade and capability information that enables the use of more than 2 channels. In case of a hard drive failure the capabilities file can be restored to a new hard drive. If the capabilities file is not available to be restored to a new hard drive, additional keycodes must be purchased in order to enable more than 2 channels.
- Before you begin, ensure you have a blank IBM formatted 1.44 MB 3.5" floppy disk.
The capabilities file is backed up as follows:
- Feature 915
(If F915 does not give a Password prompt, try feature codes
from F910 to F949 until you do get a Password prompt)
- Password - enter 2223772# (ACCESS2)
- ACCESS Server - press ADMIN
- A. Prt queue mgr press NEXT 4 times
- E. Bckp/Rstr press SHOW
- Backup & Restore press BCKP
- Insert floppy insert the floppy disk in the drive and press OK
- Backup complete press OK remove floppy disk and store it in a safe place
Don't forget to label the floppy disk, Nortel recommend SEKUR/Capabilities File.