Create a tape backup
Should the system fail, a recent backup tape will enable you to restore the system to the point at which the backup was made.
Never Underestimate the Importance of Backups!
To backup Meridian Mail (Card Option) to tape, follow these steps:
- Connect, and turn on the tape drive! It must be set to SCSI ID 1 (switch on drive rear).
- Log on to Meridian Mail, and from the Main Menu, select 2. General Administration, then 2. Volume Administration.
- Choose the disk volume to backup - there is only one disk volume, but you must still select it by pressing SPACE.
- Press Backup to Tape, the Disk to Tape Backup screen appears.
- Press Immediate Backup. At the prompt, insert a backup tape. It will tension.
- Press OK To Start Backup. The Backup Status screen appears, where you can watch the progress.
- When complete (30-60 mins), press Exit to return to the Volume Administration screen.
- Label, and safely store, your fresh backup tape. The tape drive can also be removed, if no longer required.
- A tape will wear out over time, so ensure there are no errors, and replace the tape as recommended.
- New backup data will overwrite the old backup data.
|Tandberg Tape Drive LEDs:||- No tape|
|- Tape in, and OK.|
|- Tape running (in-use)|
|- Fault (open/close drive door to reset)|