Message List Commands
Logging into your mailbox
You need a Meridian Mail Voice Messaging access number, a mailbox number, and a password to log in to your mailbox.
- Dial Mail Access Telephone Number, or press the "Message" key on your phone.
- Enter your mailbox number, then press #. If you are at your own phone, just press #.
- Enter your password and press #
You are now in your mailbox and can use all the messaging commands.
When you have finished your Meridian Mail Voice Messaging session, press 83 to disconnect, or simply hang-up
Changing your password
- While logged into your mailbox, press 84
- Enter New Password (4 to 16 numbers) and #
- Enter New Password again and #
- Enter OLD Password and #
Your default password is your Mailbox number
Meridian Mail requires that you change your password on a regular schedule, set by your system administrator..
You can record external, internal, and temporary greetings.
If you don't record (or delete) your internal greeting, all callers will hear your external greeting.
- While logged into your mailbox, press 82
- Press 1 to select your "EXTERNAL" greeting.
Press 2 to select your "INTERNAL" greeting.
Press 3 to select your "TEMPORARY" greeting.
- Press 5 to begin recording, wait for the tone, then record your greeting.
- Press # to end recording
While at your greeting, you can play, delete, or record it.
- To play your greeting, press 2
- To delete your greeting, press 76
When you have finished recording your greetings, press 4 to exit.
Note: If your INTERNAL greeting is deleted, Internal callers hear the external greeting
Recording your name (personal verification)
- While logged into your mailbox, press 89
You hear your current 'personal verification' if there is one.
- Press 5 to record. Wait for the tone, then record your name.
- Press # to end recording
You can play, delete, or re-record your personal verification the same way as your
When you have finished recording your personal verification, press 4.
Assigning a custom operator (dial "0" option)
The custom operator number is the number of the person your callers reach when they
Usually this is the main operator (0), but it may be set to a colleague or assistants phone number.
- While logged into your mailbox, press 80 for mailbox options.
- Press "1" to review/change the custom operator number.
- Enter the new operator number and press #
Playing your messages
When you log in to your mailbox, your message summary tells you the number of new messages in your message list and if any of them are urgent.
- Login to Meridian Mail and Listen to Message Summary
- Press 2 to play the current message
- Press 6 to play the next message, to got to the previous message, press 4
- Press 76 to delete the current message playing
While you are playing a message, you can use these message commands:
- To skip back 5 seconds, in the message, press 1; to skip forward, press 3
- To increase the playback speed, press 23; to decrease it, press 21
- To increase the message volume, press 26; to decrease it, press 24
- To pause, press #; to continue, press 2
Before, during, or after playing a message, you can use these message commands:
- To hear sender, recipient, date, and time details, press 72 for message envelope
- To delete the message and move to the next, press 76.
To restore the deleted message (before disconnecting), return to the message and press 76.
- Press 7* for help with message commands.
Calling the sender
You can place a call to the sender of a message if the number is known to Meridian Mail Voice Messaging.
- After listening to a message, or while it is playing, press 9 to call the sender.
- Speak to the sender or leave a message
- When you have finished your call, hang up.
Replying to the sender
You can record a reply to the message sender if the number is known to Meridian Mail Voice Messaging.
- After listening to a message, or while it is playing, press 71 to reply
to the sender.
Your reply is addressed automatically.
- Press 5 to record your reply (after the tone, record)
- Press # to end your recording.
- Press 79 to send the message.
Forwarding a message
You can forward a message to another mailbox, to a distribution list, or to a person with no mailbox. You can also record an introduction to the original message.
- After hearing the message, press 73 to forward.
- Enter the mailbox number, phone number, or distribution list to which you want to forward the message, then press #. Repeat this step for any other mailbox numbers, phone numbers, or distribution lists. End by pressing #.
- To record an introduction, press 5, wait for the tone, then speak. End the recording by pressing #.
- To send the message, press 79.
Composing a message
To compose a message, you first address it, then record you message, then send it. You can address a message to one or more people or distribution lists.
- While logged in to your mailbox, press 75
- Enter the first address, and press #
(Enter as many mailbox numbers as required, or a distribution list)
- Enter # when the mailbox list is complete
- Press 5 to begin recording
- After the tone, start your message
- Press # to end message recording
- Enter 79 send your message
After recording your message, the following options are available before sending:
- Press 70, then 1 for to mark message URGENT
- Press 70, then 2 to cancel urgent delivery - STANDARD
- Press 70, then 4 to for PRIVACY (the message cannot be forwarded to another mailbox.)
- Press 70, then 5 for message ACKNOWLEDGEMENT
- Press 70, then 6 for TIMED DELIVERY.
Enter message delivery time and date (MMDDTTTT), pressing # after each entry.
Once you have made a selection, you must enter code 70 again to make another selection from this list. This option can be used anytime you record a message for delivery.
A distribution list saves you time when you send messages to the same group of addresses. You can create up to 9 personal distribution lists, and each may contain up to 99 entries. You can also use shared distribution lists supplied by your system administrator.
- While logged in to your mailbox, press "85" to enter Distribution Lists
- Enter a list number from 1 to 9 and press "#"
- Press 5 to start entering addresses into the list
- Enter the first address, then press #
- Continue to enter address, pressing # after each one
To cancel the last number you entered in the list, press 0#
- When the list is complete, press #
- When you are finished, press 4 to return to your messages.
Express Messaging is a fast method of leaving a message in another Voice mailbox without logging in to your own mailbox, or ringing the other persons phone. Express Messaging must be enabled on your system by an administrator. Ask your system administrator for the Express Messaging number.
- Dial the Express Messaging number
- Enter the mailbox number of the person for whom you are leaving the message, then press #.
- At the tone record your message
- Hang up.
While you are using Meridian Mail Voice Messaging, you can make a call without hanging up. Ask your system administrator if Thru-Dial is available to you.
- To place a call while logged in, press 0, followed immediately by the
telephone number you want to call,
then press #.
- To reach your custom operator while logged in, press 0 and wait for the call to be answered.