Integrated Communications Systems
Norstar Compact Integrated Communications System (ICS) continues the standards set by Norstar for providing friendly, intuitive business communications. It combines the latest technological advances with Liquid Crystal Display (LCD) Windows on every Norstar telephone, making it powerful, yet easy to use.
- Popular featuresFeature-rich (yet easy to use) Compact ICS lets you decide how to manage your communications.
- Remarkable scalability means Norstar grows and evolves with your businessfrom more lines and stations to adding integrated Norstar Applications.
- Dont make important callers holdthe integrated Automated Attendant can answer calls 24 hours a day and route them to the right person or group.
- High-speed communicationsSpeed up your data communications (including Internet access) with ISDN BRI on the Compact ICS and possibly lower communications costs.
- Internal Analog Terminal Adapter means you dont have to purchase extra equipment to connect an analog device, like a fax machine or modem.
- The Norstar ICS platform is built for the futureready to take on new technological advances as theyre developed.
- More than 800,000 businesses in 80 countries around the world have relied on the quality and reliability built into every Norstar system.
- And its affordable.
The Norstar Compact ICS is packed with well over a hundred powerful features, like an integrated Automated Attendant which easily answers your calls and routes them to the right person or group. And if you equip your Compact ICS with Calling Line Identification (CLID) and subscribe to the service from your local telephone company, your Norstar telephones LCD Window shows you the number (and name, where available) of the person calling. This convenient feature means you decide whether to take the call or return it later with the simple touch of a key.
With Direct Inward System Access (DISA), you can dial in to your Compact ICS remotely to use system features, direct dialing to internal sets, and cost-saving outgoing lines. Other standard features include:
- Auto Daylight Savings Time
- Music on Hold
- Automatic Set Relocation
- Toll Restriction
just to name a few.
With the Norstar Compact ICS, its easy to integrate your choice of valuable Norstar Applications, such as Voice Mail for accurate and prompt message delivery. Or Fax Messaging to retrieve faxes wherever theres a fax machine and to provide immediate round-the-clock fax responses to routine inquiries. Even Computer-Telephony Integration (CTI), which can streamline your work and improve call efficiency by enabling phones and computers to work together.
Start with the solutions you need now, then add other applications when youre ready. The Norstar Compact ICS is flexible, expanding with your business easily and cost-effectively. Because of its building-block design, you can start with 4 lines and 8 stations or 4 lines and 16 stations, and grow to 8 lines and 24 stations with software and system expansion cartridges.
Whats more, the Compact ICS shares many components, including Norstar telephones and some system hardware, with the Modular ICS. So when youre ready to grow even more, you can easily migrate to the Modular ICS. Thats one way Norstar protects your investment, reducing your cost of ownership.
When your receptionist is overloaded or away from the desk, calls may go unanswered or must be covered by another person, taking them away from other responsibilities. The integrated Automated Attendant in the Norstar Compact ICS efficiently answers and transfers incoming calls 24 hours a day, enhancing your business image and customer service.
The Norstar Compact ICS supports high-speed communications over Integrated Services Digital Network (ISDN) Basic Rate Interface (BRI)allowing you to get, move, and use the information you need quickly and efficientlyto keep your business moving ahead. ISDN supports several applications your business needs, like:
- High-speed Internet access
- Faster credit or debit card approval
- CTI applications for increased personal productivity and improved customer service
- and more
In many areas one ISDN BRI line can be less expensive than 2 business phone lines, so ISDN can help you decrease your business communications expenses.
To be as flexible as possible businesses need to be able to connect additional communications devices, such as fax machines, modems, cordless phones, and credit card terminals to their phone system. With one internal ATA you can connect any analog communications device to the Norstar Compact ICS without the expense of a dedicated line or additional hardware. Additional ATAs can easily be added if you need more.
With the Norstar Compact ICS you wont have to worry about replacing your system to take advantage of evolving communications technologies. The open architecture of the Compact ICS makes it inherently adaptable and cost-effective to add new capabilities.
The company that stands behind the advanced technology of Norstar Compact ICS is Nortel Networks. Founded in 1895, Nortel Networks is now one of the worlds leading providers of fully digital telecommunications switching and transmission systems and Norstar is the #1 small-system choice for all types of businesses around the world.
The Norstar Compact ICS is packed with powerful advantages for your business, never missing a call, reducing costs while increasing productivity and improving customer service. It integrates all your communications into an affordable phone system with room to grow and changeeconomically.