Access through a maintenance telephone
A telephone functions as a maintenance telephone when you define the class-of-service
(maintenance telephone allowed) in LD 11.
A maintenance telephone allows you to send commands to the system, but you can only use a subset of the commands that can be entered from a system terminal.
You can test tones and outpulsing through the maintenance telephone. Specific commands for those tests are given in the Tone and Digit Switch and Digitone Receiver Diagnostic (LD 34).
To enter commands, press the keys that correspond to the letters and numbers of the
command (for example, to enter LD 42 return, key in 53#42##).
The following overlays (LDs) ARE accessible from amaintenance telephone:
- 30, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 41, 42, 43, 45, 46, 60, 61, and 62
The following overlays (LDs) ARE NOT accessible from a maintenance telephone:
- 31, 40, 48, 77, 80, 92, 96, 135, 137
Keyboard / Dial pad translation, and procedure:
|1. Press the telephones prime DN key.
2. Place the set in maintenance mode by entering :
3. Check for busy tone by entering return : ##
4. Load a program by entering : 53#xx##
5. Perform tasks.
6. To exit the program and return the telephone to call processing mode, enter : ****
Example: Directly access a Trunk (TRK) to test it.
- Use a Maintenance Telephone (CLS needs MTA) and LD 36.
- Login on the phone using SPRE+91, then type in 53#36##. This will put you into LD 36.
- Then use:
875#c#u##, where: c (card), u (unit) of the TN of the trunk you want to access. Or:
875#l#s#c#u## (loop shelf card unit)
If the trunk TN is correct, you will be directly connected to it.
- Note: # is for space, ## is for return, and **** is to logout the maintenance set.
Example: Database Save
- Login on the phone using SPRE+91, then type in 53#43##. This will put you into LD 43.
- Enter: 333## (EDD) - a datasave is performed
- **** to logout the maintenance set.
Accessing Meridian Mail
Option 11C allows access to Meridian Mail Administration & Maintenance through a shared terminal on the Option 11C. To access the Meridian Mail system, log in and enter: AX. To exit from Meridian Mail, press the Control key and the closed square bracket ( ] ) simultaneously. This might be useful if the TTY has locked up.