Reset the Administrator password
on server edition Voicemail Pro
Applicable to Linux based VMPro versions, i.e.
- Unified Communications Module
- Applications Server
- IP Office Server Edition
How to reset the VMPro Administrator password
- Lost password
- Log into the command line of the VMPro application using SSH client, e.g. WinSCP
- Navigate to /opt/vmpro/accounts
- Delete the file userlist.dat
- Restart the Voicemail service, or reboot the server
- Login with the default Administrator/Administartor username/password
The userlist.dat file contains the details of the Administrator account, after deleting the file voicemail will recreate the file and account when it starts.