IP Office Introduction
The IP500 and IP500 V2 are stackable (2U) units with an optional 19" rack mounting kit and an optional wall mounting kit for smaller configurations. IP Office IP500 V2 can scale up to 384 analog, digital and IP telephones and 8 T1/E1 trunks.
4 slots to house a mixture of extension cards and VCM cards:
- Digital Station 8 card
- Phone 2 and Phone 8 cards
- VCM-32 and VCM-64 cards
- 4-Port Expansion card
- Combination Card with 10 VCM channels, 4 analog trunks, 6 Digital Station (DS) and 2 Phone ports. (IP500 V2 only)
- Combination Card with 10 VCM channels, 2 BRI trunk interfaces (4 channels), 6 Digital Station (DS) and 2 Phone ports. (IP500 V2 only)
Optional trunk daughter card support:
- Analog Trunk Module 4 card
- BRI-4 and BRI-8 cards (2 x 2B+D and 4 x 2B+D channels respectively)
- Single and Dual Universal PRI cards
- Support for IP400 trunk and VCM cards using a Legacy Card Carrier
VCM Cards provide Voice Compression Resources, and are required when the system is equipped with IP Phones, VoIP or SIP trunks, to provide compression between TDM and IP.
- IP 500: Slot for smart card Feature Key – required for system operation as well as licensing of optional features.
- IP 500: Slot for Compact Flash card – used for embedded messaging as part of Essential Edition.
- IP500 V2 : 2 Slots for SD cards (System and optional) – System SD card is required for system operation as well as licensing of optional features and storage for embedded voicemail in Essential Edition.
- 9-pin DTE Port for maintenance.
- Support for up to 12 IP Office Expansion Modules (requires upgrade to Professional Edition):
- Phone modules (16, 30)
- Digital Station modules (16, 30)
- Analog Trunk Module 16
- BRI So8 module
- IP400 expansion modules (not WAN3 10/100 or Network Alchemy modules)
- External O/P socket supporting two relay on/off switch ports, e.g. for door entry systems.
- Audio input port for external music on hold source.
- 48 Data channels
- Up to 40 Voicemail Pro ports
- Two 10/100 switched Ethernet ports (Layer 3).
V2 Rear View: