Internet Explorer settings
- Release 6 does not support Internet Explorer 7.0 and above.
- Release 7 supports Internet Explorer 6.0, 7.0 and 8.0.
Officially, the Release 7 Element Manager requires Internet Explorer 6.0.2600 or higher, and the Java Runtime environment.
However, if you use Internet Explorer 8.0, you must also configure the compatibility view setting - otherwise the tree view structure in Deployment Manager won't work:
- Go to the Tools menu and select Compatibility View Settings.
- On the Compatibility View Settings page, select Display all websites in Compatibility View.
- Click Close.
IE7 on Windows 7:
You can't install Internet Explorer 7 (or downgrade to IE7 from IE8) on Windows 7, but you can run it inside Internet Explorer 8 (as the rendering engine is bundled) by doing the following (Note: This method also works in IE 9):
- Open Internet Explorer 8
- Open Tools >Developer Tools (or press F12)
- Switch Browser Mode to IE7, and Document Mode to IE7
Internet Explorer settings:
1 Select View, Text Size, Medium to configure the text size in the browser.
2 Select Tools ► Internet Options in the Internet Explorer browser window.
3 Turn off Internet Explorer caching:
- On the General tab under the Temporary Internet files section, click Settings.
- Under the Check for newer versions of stored pages section,
- select Every visit to the page.
- Click OK.
4 Configure empty session information:
- Select the Advanced tab.
- Under Security,
- select Empty Temporary Internet Files folder when browser is closed.
5 Clear the AutoComplete options.
- Select the Content tab.
- Under Personal Information, click AutoComplete.
- Under the Use AutoComplete for section, clear Forms and User names and passwords on forms.
With Release 7.5 (and newer) you'll also want to: