Installing a VGMC
Installing and Programming a 32 Port Media Gateway Card
- Seat the MC32 VGMC card in a free slot. It is similar to a MIRAN card, but has 32 ports.
- Plug the ITG card adaptor (A0852632 - shown) into the corresponding card slot Amphenol.
- Run two patch cables from the RJ45 Jacks on the ITG card adaptor to the data switch.
Note, the top RJ-45 connector is ELAN, the bottom RJ-45 is TLAN.
NTVQ01 MC-32 faceplate - Source Avaya.com
- Log in to Element Manager.
- Click configuration option from the menu located on the left of the screen
- Click on IP Telephony
- Click on node summary
- Click on the edit button
- Click on the ADD button located next to the cards option.
- Enter the Management LAN (ELAN) IP address
- Management LAN (ELAN) MAC address. The MAC address is printed on the MGC front panel.
- Enter the Voice LAN (TLAN) address.
- Enter the Voice LAN (TLAN) gateway IP address.
- Enter Host Name (example PBXBOOK_MGC_1)
- Click Save and Transfer
- Click OK. The transfer process begins. It will fail - but don't worry!
- Reboot the Media Gateway card. The reset button is located on the front panel.
- Then click Save and Transfer again.
Replacing a 32 Port Media Gateway Card
- Log into PBX, and enter LD 32
- STAT l s c u. If the card is enabled, disable it with DISC l s c u.
- Type **** to exit LD 32
- Remove the old MC32 card, and install the new MC32 card
- Log into Element Manager, and go to Node edit area where the card is. Open that cards info.
- Enter the ELAN mac address of the replacement card, its printed on the faceplate label.
- Hit Save and Transfer
- It will fail to transfer to the card - this is normal!
- Hit the reset button on the MC32 card and wait for it to reboot.
- Then, Save and Transfer again. It should now submit to that VGMC card.
If it continuously fails...
Manually update the card:
- Remove the VGMC, and remove the Compact Flash (CF) card on it. Using a CF to USB reader, mount the card on your PC.
- Locate the
IPLxxxxx.saloadware file in the root directory of the Signalling Server software CD, and copy it to the PC.
- Rename this file
exec(no extension), and copy it to the CF, replacing the older/smaller version already there.
- Put the CF card back on the VGMC, and reseat the card. Wait for it to boot, and subsequently respond to PING.
- If a new VGMC, try a Save and Transfer again - if a replacement, it should now automagically register.