Reset to Factory Defaults
Occasionaly, you may want to factory default/reset a switch. This can be done from the CLI, but if you've lost the password you’ll need to follow this procedure - which should work for any of the Ethernet Switches (450, 460, 470) and the Ethernet Routing Switches 2500 Series, 4500 Series, 5500 (5510, 5520, 5530) Series.
Follow these steps:
- Connect to the console port of the switch (9600,8,N,1)
- Reboot (power-cycle) the switch.
- When the first line of the diagnostics tests is displayed, press CTRL-C. The system then displays a menu.
>> Break Recognized - Wait.. Press 'a' to run Agent code Press 'c' to run Cascade external loopback test Press 'd' to Download agent code Press 'e' to display Errors Press 'i' to Initialize config/log flash Press 'p' to run POST tests Press 'r' to Receive cascade test packets Press 's' to Send cascade test packets..
- Press ' i ' to Initialize config/log flash.
Erase Config/Log Flash? y/N [ N ]: y Erasing - Done
- Press ' a ' to run Agent code. The switch will reboot.
Starting Agent Code.. 1 Decompressing the image ... "NVRAM:" formatted. Target Name: vxTarget User: target Attaching network interface idtip0... done. Attaching network interface lo0... done. Completing initialization...
Upon boot up, the switch will be in a factory default configuration.
- At the Avaya logo, Ctrl-y to activate session, followed by en
- Type install to launch the set-up utility.