RLOGIN to a CS1K (Win)
This procedure describes how to configure PuTTY (the well known Windows SSH, Telnet and Rlogin client) to connect to a CS1000 using rlogin. It only applies to pre-Release 7.5 systems.
In most cases you will want to disable the Windows Firewall, and/or "Allow ICMP echo requests" (Windows XP: Network > Local Area Connection > Advanced Settings), in order to stop the connection randomly dropping.
|1Copy PuTTY to a PC connectd to the ELAN.
Double click it, and the configuration window opens:
- Select the Protocol as Rlogin, Port is 513.
- Enter a name in Saved Sessions
- Click Save to store the session
|2Click on the Data * item in the left menu tree:
- Change the Terminal-type String to vt220
* was 'Connection' in older versions.
|3Click on the Rlogin item in the left tree menu:
|5Click on Open to open the connection and an Rlogin session.
You can change the CPSID as follows:
- CPSID1000 enables MTC messages
- CPSID0100 enables SCH messages
- CPSID0010 enables BUG messages
- CPSID0001 enables TRF messages
eg, rlogin CPSID1110