CallPilot PBX Setup
- CDN - A Control Directory Number (CDN) is a special PBX DN, with no agents. It provides call queuing and routing.
- ELAN - Embedded Local Area Network (ELAN) is the pipe going to the server; the interface to the application on the other end.
- ELNK - ELNK is the IP address of the Meridian 1 (CS1000) switch.
- HOST - Host is a name unique to your network used in place of the IP Address. It references IP addressed by using a host table.
- SDN - Service Directory Number, associated with a specific service. DNs configured on the PBX are also entered in the server.
CALL ROUTING COMPONENTS
CDN - A Primary CDN for Voice Messaging and a secondary if Multimedia Messaging is on the switch. A CDN queue is like an ACD queue, except that Call Pilot manages the calls in the CDN, while the switch manages the calls in an ACD queue.
PHANTOM DNs - Call Pilot can use Phantom DNs instead of dummy ACD DNs to route calls. First, create a Phantom Loop, define a TN within the LOOP and assign a DN. When DN is entered into the SDN page, it becomes the dialable number of a Call Pilot service. (Applications Builder dialables, Express Messaging and Prompt Maintenance)
SDN - SDN designates a specific service and the number of channels allocated to the service. CDNs and Phantom DNs are recorded in the SDN Table and associated with a specific service. The SDN table is administered from the Call Pilot Manager Service Directory Number page. It affects the session behavior for services created with Application Builder. It determines the minimum number of channels guaranteed to a service for simultaneous use and the maximum channels that you can use at one time.
CONFIGURING THE SWITCH
Print the current switch configuration, and back up the system, before altering the programming on the switch. Use the switch Overlays to program all changes to the switch configuration.
ELAN - Configure ELAN for the AML Link and associated VSID to provide Ethernet connection for AML messages between the switch and Call Pilot server.
LD 17 REQ CHG TYPE ADAN ADAN NEW ELAN 16 CHG ELAN 16 OUT ELAN 16 CTYP ELAN DES ( ) LCTL DEFAULT N1 DEFAULT
The ELAN has now been defined.
You can add an additional ELAN and VAS to use in case of disabled ELAN or for troubleshooting.
To verify the ELAN, print it in LD 22:
LD 22 REQ PRT TYPE ADAN ELAN 16 CTYP ELAN DES ( )
VSID - Voice Services Identification
LD 17 REQ CHG TYPE VAS VAS NEW VSID 16 ELAN 16 SECU DEFAULT (Unless Symposium Voice Serices Support feature) INTL DEFAULT MCNT DEFAULT
VSID must be between 16-31. It is preferable to have the VSID and the ELAN the same number.
ADJUST SYSTEM PARAMETERS (LD 17)
Adjust the NCR (Number of call Registers), CSQI and CSQO.
- NCR should be the current value plus double the amount of DS0 (Digital Signal) channels, eg, 500+(24x2).
- CSQI and CSQO should be adjusted to double the amount of DS0 (Digital Signal) channels, eg 48 channels.
LD 17 REQ CHG TYPE PARM NCR 548 Add double DS0 Channel count to current value, eg, 500+(24x2) CSQI 48 Double the DS0 Channel count, eg, 24x2 CSQO 48 Double the DS0 Channel count, eg, 24x2
PROVISION THE ELNK IP ADDRESS (LD 117)
Administration configuration for the IP network addresses, maintenance and diagnostics.
- Single CPU (OPT 11) there is only one Ethernet interface and one primary IP address
- Redundant (OPT 61C-81C) you MUST define a primary and secondary IP address
- If the switch is also connected to a CLAN (remote access), a gateway IP address must be defined
- Courtesy stop and shut down the Call Pilot server
- Change the switch IP address
- Restart the call Pilot server
- Re-run the Call Pilot Configuration Wizard to update the switch IP address information.
Perform the following in LD 117:
PRT ELNK and record the output.
CHANGE THE SWITCH IP ADDRESS (LD 117)
ONLY IF NECESSARY! A CS1000E system will already be configured with an IP address, so skip this.
1. Create New Host:
NEW HOST ???? XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX NAME IS = ???? (IE NEW HOST PBX1)
2. Assign New Host to Primary IP Address:
CHG ELNK ACTIVE ???? NAME IS = ???? (from above)
3. Set the Subnet Mask:
CHG MASK XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX Eg, 255.255.255.0
The Subnet Mask for the Ethernet Link on the switch must be the same as for the ELAN network interface card on the Call Pilot server.
4. Set the Gateway:
NEW ROUTE XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX. YYY.YYY.YYY.YYY. (X=Network IP address and Y=Gateway IP address)
Routing info is required if a Gateway or Router connect the switch network to the CLAN
5. Update the Database:
6. Dis/Enable the ELNK (LD 137), you must toggle the ELNK to enable any changes:
DIS ELNK ENL ELNKCheck the ELNK Status (LD 137)
STAT ELNKis up before continuing...
VERIFY THE ELAN STATUS (LD 48)
Ping ELAN Connection to Call Pilot (LD 117)
PING XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX If OK, go to LD 48 and enable the ELAN.
ELAN Status LD 48:
ENL ELAN(it will need enabling)...
If CP Server fails to connect to the ELAN, Nortel recommends that you verify the IP address on the switch, ping the IP address from the CP Server, restart the CP Server, and check the physical connection.
DEFINE CALL PILOT IN THE CUSTOMER DATA BLOCK (LD 15)
- Enable Options: CPA (Call Park Allowed), and MCI (Message Center Included)
- Define a Call Forward DN in each userís phone data (TNB)
- All no answer and busy calls are routed to the flexible call forward DN. For this feature, ensure that all phones have CLS MWA enabled
- Normal operation: Non-DID calls are routed to Call Pilot when a no answer or busy condition is encountered. Route DIDs to userís Hunt DN
LD 15 REQ CHG TYPE FTR CUST 0 OPT CPA MCI IDEF YES or NO Set to YES if Call Forward by Call Type is enabled
LD 15 REQ CHG TYPE ATT CUST 0 ATDN DID or PHANTOM number, Do not use 0 MATT NO AQTT DEFAULT AODN CP CDN
LD 15 REQ CHG TYPE RDR CUST 0 FNAD FDN FNAT FDN FNAL FDN CFNA 4
LD 15 REQ CHG TYPE FTR CUST 0 EEST YES
LD 15 REQ CHG TYPE NET CUST 0 ISDN NO YES, if NMS has been purchased
LD 16 is used to configure the Route Data Block for NMS
CONFIGURE THE ACD AGENT QUEUE (LD 23)
This queue contains the virtual agents that correspond to DS0 channels on the CP Server
- ACD DN is not normally used as Service DN, In applications where calls are to be overflowed into Call Pilot, you must define the ACD DN as Service DN.
- If you intend to enable the Symposium Voice Services Support feature on your Call Pilot system, tow additional ACD agent queues are required. One queue is required for ACCESS ports, and another for IVR ports.
LD 23 REQ NEW TYPE ACD CUST 0 ACDN MWC NO (Voice Mail ACD is YES) MAXP IVR YES (Will not appear if MWC is yes) ALOG YES (Will not appear if MWC is yes)
ACD queue MUST be defined as an IVR queue to let the CP Server route an incoming call to a specific port. The default is NO and must be set to YES for Call Pilot.
CONFIGURE AGENTS (LD 11)
LD 11 REQ NEW TYPE 2008 TN l s c u TN of MGATE Card, 200 slot location CUST 0 CLS VCE WTA UNR MMA (FOR UNITS 0-15) FLXA VCE WTA UNR MMA (FOR UNITS 16-31) KEY 0 ACD XXXX 0 YYYY X=ACD DN, Y=Pos ID KEY 1 SCN ZZZZ Z=Single Call Non ringing DN KEY 2 MSB KEY 3 NRD KEY 4 TRN KEY 5 A03
For tower and rack-mount servers, all 32 units on the Mgate card can be defined as agents; therefore, to support 96 channels, a minimum of 3 Mgate cards is required.
DEFINE DEFAULT ACD DN (LD 23)
You must define ACD DN in LD 23 before you configure the CDN queue because the default ACD DN is referenced in the CDN.
For back up, build a dummy ACD DN that is night call forwarded
LD 23 REQ NEW TYPE ACD ACDN DFDN in the CDN configuration MWC NO MAXP 1 NCFW 0
LD 23 REQ NEW TYPE CDN CUST 0 CDN DFDN DFDN ACDN VSID
Never set the DFDN to the server ACD DN. The DFDN is used to divert calls if the server is out of service or the AML link is down. Do not set a VSID. The VSID is dynamically assigned when the ELAN link is established and the server acquires the CDN.
DUMMY ACD DNs (LD 23) Must be forwarded to one of the CDNs configured for Call Pilot. Prompt Maintenance and Express Messaging
LD 23 REQ NEW TYPE ACD CUST 0 ACDN MWC YES MAXP 1 Or desired NCFW CDN
SAVE PBX CHANGES (LD 43)
When you have finished modifying the switch configuration, save your changes in Overlay 43. If you do not save your changes, all of your programming is lost when the switch is shut down.
Load Overlay 43, and at the "." prompt, enter EDD to dump the data to disk.
>LD 43 . EDD
- SET SCSI TAPE DRIVE TO ID 6
- SCSI TERMINATOR ON TOP OF DRIVE
- DONGLE IN USB 0 (Security device)
- LD 48 DACR ALL x (Manually de-acquire CDN's)