Create Multiple Mailboxes
CallPilot can import a text file with comma-separated values (CSV) and use it to create multiple mailboxes at once.
|Extension||Mailbox||First Name||Last Name|
We can create (or edit) a file in Excel and save as CSV for importing into CallPilot. Or use Notepad, and separate the fields with comma's.
Just four fields are required: Extension number, Mailbox Number, First Name, and Last Name. The extension and mailbox number are usually the same. Ensure that the first row contains your column headings.
Create a CSV file
For a new installation, use this tool to create a CSV file covering your DN range. Unused mailboxes can be deleted as a maintenance task later. Four fields are created, note that:
- The extension and mailbox number are the same.
- The first and last names will be * - this can be edited later...
Enter the DN range, hit Submit, and find the mailbox.csv file in your downloads folder....
WARNING: This tool will quite happily create HUGE files, don't be silly!
Using Auto Add
After generating the CSV file, we need to import it in CallPilot Manager:
- Goto: USERS AUTO-ADD.
- Click Browse, and select the input file: mailbox.csv.
- Click Upload File - the first two lines of the imported file are shown.
- Match the drop down headings to the corresponding data fields.
- Finally, click Add Users to create the mailboxes from the file.