CallBill Cost Center Report Updating
When running the Duration Cost Totals by Cost Center report, occasionally telephone
calls will be listed without an associated Cost Center. This can usually be attributed to
users placing calls using their rollover numbers instead of the number
assigned to their telephone, e.g., x2330 has a rollover number of x3330. The user would
press the button with x3330 on it when placing the call and it will be recorded in Call
Bill without the required accounting information. In other instances, it is possible that
a new telephone number was entered into the CS1000E PBX without the Call Bill database
To update the Call Bill database to reflect the proper cost center for each telephone number, execute the following procedure:
1. In Call Bill Reports Module under Reports, select Detailed Reports/Call Details with Ext and run report for dates selected for Duration Cost Totals report.
2. Scroll through the report to identify numbers that do not have an entry in the Cost Center column.
3. Once the numbers have been identified, switch to the OTM terminal and access the Station Administration window to identify the telephone number user. Note the users name and department.
a. If the number without a Cost Center begins with the digit 3, its a rollover number. As in the above example for x3330, look for the user of x2330 to acquire user name and department (Substitute the digit 2 for the first 3 in the number).
b. For all other numbers, search through the Station Administration window to find the matching number, and note the name and department.
4. Switch back to the Call Bill Reports Module and select User Details from the tool
bar at the top of the page.
5. In the pop-up window select New.
6. In the New User Details, enter Ext, First Name, Last Name, Department and Cost Center. If unsure of cost center, contact the operator with the telephone number and department for the proper cost center to enter.
7. Close window and re-run Duration Cost Center Report to ensure that all calls made have an associated cost center.
End of Procedure
If you require technical support, contact Phoneware's Technical Support Helpdesk:
E-mail: email@example.com Telephone: +353 404 68711 USA/Canada: 1-949 852 4410 Toll Free: 1-800 660 9248