Norstar RAD - Password Reset
You can not log onto a RAD without the password. If unknown you must reset the RAD password. There are two ways to do this.
One is by opening the unit up and then carefully shorting out the battery on the motherboard of the RAD. This will reset the unit and you will be able to configure it with a new password and other parameters.
WARNING: This is a last resort procedure!
Unplug the unit and open it up. You'll find a capacitor about the size of 5 quarters stacked. On the back you'll find two metal leads. Lay a screw driver or conductive wire across the two leads and short the capacitor.
Then try the F9** again and hopefully it will show:
Exit Chng Next.
The other way is through the following programming instructions.
- Change the date of your Norstar Key System Unit to the following date. <09-21-99>.
- enter <Feature 9**>
- Under your display, the left softkey - press it 9 times.
- Under your display, the center softkey - press it 5 times.
- Under your display, the right softkey - press it 7 times.
- Press the hold button once.
- Press the dial pad number 2 once.
- Press the dial pad number 1 once.
- Press the release button once.
The RAD password is now reset. In RAD programming you can enter a new password. Return
to Installer programming and reset your date back to the correct information.