Norstar Desktop Assistant
The PC must meet the following minimum requirements:
O/S: Windows 95/98 Windows NT 4.0 * Windows 2000 CPU: Pentium 133 Pentium 166 Pentium 200 RAM: 48 Mb RAM 64 Mb RAM 128 Mb RAM HD Space: 10 Mb Free 10 Mb Free 10 Mb Free
* Service Pack 4 or greater is required for Windows NT 4.0.
The minimum display setting is 640 X 480 with 16 bit high color or 65,536 colors.
Installation and Operation:
Double click the installer, and follow the prompts. By default, the application is installed at:
To make custom button labels, you must select a telephone model (T7100, T7208, or T7316).
When presented with an image of the telephone you can:
- Enter text (name or number) for each button label field
- Select the font type, size, and color for each button label field
- Choose a background color for the button label field
Saved files are stored with an ".ntl" extension. Labels can be printed on a monochromatic or color printer.
On Windows NT 4.0 the icon association with ".ntl" files is sometimes incorrect. To correct this:
- Start Microsoft Explorer
- Select a ".ntl" file which you have previously saved
- Select the Explorer menu item "View -> Options"
- Select the File Type tab
- Press the "Edit ..." button
- Press the "Change Icon ..." button
- Select the Nortel Networks icon ...
\Program Files\Nortel Networks\Desktop Assistant\da.exe
- Press OK