CS1K IP Address Change
Changing the IP scheme of a 'working system' can be a daunting task! Here are some things to remember.
➤ Use a network scanner such as Netscan or Angry IP before and after the change, on both the ELAN and TLAN.
➤ Print CS1000 common equipment (LD 22:
PRT, CEQU) and media gateways (LD 117:
PRT IPMG) before starting.
Tasks in order:
- Data switches in PBX room
- Change any gateways to reflect the new networks
- Call Server - ELAN
- LD 117, build new hosts E_PRIMARY and E_SECONDARY, assign IP addresses.
- CHG ELNK ACTIVE E_PRIMARY, CHG ELNK INACTIVE E_SECONDARY, and change the gateway address.
- Media Gateways - ELAN
- LD 97, change the superloop IPMG addresses.
- Sig Servers - ELAN and TLAN
- Re-install linux base, or use baseparamsconfig with admin2 login
- MGC Cards - ELAN and TLAN
- Direct connect command line for ELAN, then use Element Manager for TLAN and DSP Daughterboards
- MGC DSP Daughterboards - TLAN
- Do this in Element Manager
- Call Pilot - ELAN
- Run config wizard, change ELAN address, and reboot Call Pilot.
Do this after Call Server IP changes have been completed.
- DHCP Server - TLAN
- for IP phones, if deployed. Check each DHCP scope.
- Change IP Address of the management computers, and reboot.
- UPS, rectifiers, or other power devices often have a web GUI.
- Remember to change the MRV Terminal Server (if installed).
- Update web-browser bookmarks, and Putty shortcuts, etc.
- Check MGC status in LD 117:
=> prt ipmg IPMG IP Address Zone Type 000 0 10.10.16.51 1 MGC 000 1 10.10.16.52 1 MGC => stat ipmg LAST REG LAST REG IPMG TYPE STATUS DATE TIME UPTIME 000 0 MGC REG 28/10/2015 17:27 0d,0h,31m 000 1 MGC REG 28/10/2015 17:27 0d,0h,31m
- Check VGW DSP TNs show as registered in LD 32, for each MGC:
REQ: stat 0 0 0 - Check cards: 0,11,12,13,14 for each MGC (if DSP DB fitted) 00 = UNIT 00 = UNEQ 01 = UNIT 01 = IDLE (TRK)(IPTN REG ) 02 = UNIT 02 = IDLE (TRK)(IPTN REG ) :
- Check MGTDS (LD 34) and MGCONF (LD 38) loops are enabled, print CEQU (LD 22) to find them.
>ld 34 - MGTDS loops TDS000 .stat 100 00 DSBL 02 BUSY >ld 38 - MGCONF loops CNF000 .stat 101 CNFC 00 DSBL 00 BUSY CHAN 00 DSBL 00 BUSY
- Check CallPilot is answering, check MOH is working.
- Check web-browser bookmarks, and Putty shortcuts, etc.
- Think of what you've forgotten, there's bound to be something!