Some basic configuration settings for the IP Office Manager program
The following settings can be found in Manager: File Preferences...
|Preferences Tab||Check "Enable Time Server"
Check "Enable BooP and TFTP Servers"
Check "Set Simplified View as default"
(all enabled by default)
|Directories Tab||Do Not Change|
|Discovery Tab||Enable TCP & UDP discovery|
(both enabled by default)
|Visual Preferences Tab||Select "Icon size": Small, Medium or Large
Check "Multiline Tabs"
Check "Enable Template Options"
|Security Tab||Un-check "Request Login on Save"
Un-check "Close Configuration After Send"
|Validation Tab||Check All Choices (default)|
- Enable Time Server: This setting will update the IP Office clock from the PC's time.
- Enable BootP and TFTP Servers: Allows Manager to respond to TFTP requests for files.
- Set Simplified View as default: The Manager will start in simplified view mode if no configuration is loaded.
- By default this is the IP Office Manager application's program directory. C:\Program Files\Avaya\IP Office\Manager
- These settings control how Manager discovers IP Office systems on the network, the default values are fine.
- Icon size: Sets the size for the icons in the navigation pane between Small, Medium or Large.
- Multiline Tabs: In the details pane, for records with more than two tabs, display Tabs or scroll buttons.
- Enable Template Options: When enabled, the Manager can use and apply trunk templates.
- Request Login on Save: Deselect to save the configuration without having to re-enter the username/password details.
- Close Configuration After Send: It's often convienient to deselect this during an installation, but not a good for longterm.
- By default Manager validates the whole configuration when it is loaded, and individual fields whenever they are edited.