Analog Trunk Module DIP Settings
There are two 'Global Analog Trunk Module' models:
GATM 4: four analog trunk ports. Each port uses one line in the DS30 bus offset. Because each DS30 bus has four lines per offset, you can assign a maximum of four GATM4s to a single DS30 bus by making the offset switch settings different for each MBM.
GATM 8: eight analog trunk ports. Each port uses one line in the DS30 bus offset. Because each DS30 bus has four lines per offset, you require two offsets for each GATM 8. You can assign a maximum of two GATM 8s to a DS30 bus by making the offset switch settings different for each.
There are two sets of DIP switches located on the rear of the GATM:
- The left 6 DIP switches set the DS30 bus and offset for the module.
- The right 8 DIP switches set a country profile - only required for pre BCM 3.5 systems, otherwise all to off.
|GATM Rear view:|
For BCM 3.5, ensure all Country switches are off.
Note: BCM50/450: Module Mode DIPs are set to the default - ALL "ON"- position, and must
be must be assigned to a pseudeo slot number in Resources ➤ Telephony Resources.
After setting the DIP switches on a media bay module, install it in the BCM or an expansion unit - all bay slots are the same.
When adding a module, remember to tell the system what type of module is installed on each bus:
- Logon to BCM system
- Click on Key beside Resources
- Click on Key beside Media Bay Modules
- Click on the Media Bay Module (Bus) you wan to configure
- Select Programmed Bus Type from the drop down box
If a module status LED continues to flash, you have either an addressing conflict (check DIP switches), or a faulty module.
Remember, the BCM must be shut down before inserting or removing modules.