BCM-CallBill Installation Guide
The BCM is configured to FTP-PUSH the CDR data file to a dedicated folder on the CallBill server on a daily schedule. The CallBill Record Processor is configured to take the raw data from the dedicated folder and process the call data to the databases for reporting purposes. The Record Processor processing schedule is timed to take place after the FTP-PUSH schedule has completed.
- Create a sub-folder in the CallBill folder for BCM files (c:\callbill\BCM folder).
If more than one BCM switch create a sub folder for each BCM switch (c:\callbill\BCM Folder\Site1).
- Activate MS Windows FTP service or third party FTP application on the CallBill server (PC).
- Create a virtual FTP directory called CallBill.
- Set the local path for this virtual directory to the BCM folder created earlier.
- Grant Write rights to this folder.
- Depending on security requirements the FTP access can be configured to use username/password control, otherwise the BCM can use the FTP anonymous log-in account.
1) CDR Summary Parameters.
- Set Status to UP
- Set Startup on Reboot to Automatic
2) Report Parameters.
- Set Format to SL-1
- Set Report Type to SL-1 CLID
- Set Language to English
- Set Report Filter to All
3) Report Options.
- Set Date Format to MM/DD/YY
- Set Header Format to Line/Station
4) Data File Transfer Options.
- Set Transfer Type to Push-Daily
- Set IP Address to CallBill Server IP Address
- Set Remote User to FTP account or leave blank for Anonymous connection.
- Set Remote Password if using secure FTP account.
- Set FTP Alias to CallBill (Virtual FTP folder)
- Set Delete File after Transfer to YES
- Set Compress File before Transfer to NO
- Set Transfer Time (Recommend 01:00)
(For multiple BCMs the transfer time to CallBill server should be staggered).
CallBill Record Processor:
1) Top of window
- Select the BCM site.
- Set the Record Format to Nortel SL-1 (1-line)
2) General tab
- Set the Call Records Retrieve option to PC/Network folder.
- Set the Call Records Folder to c:\callbill\BCM folder
(or sub folder for multi-site installations)
- Set the Call Record File Name to Record.20*
Ensure that the schedule for the BCM site is set to run later than the BCM FTP-PUSH schedule time.
BCM folder maintenance:
The BCM can push non-required files to the c:\callbill\BCM folder folder depending on the BCM build, e.g. voice mail reports. CallBill does not purge these record files. The files should be periodically deleted manually or a windows batch file can be run by schedule to automatically delete.